You are welcome to attend a free information session to speak to an advisor in person.
This 6 week program provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to work as food handlers in institutional settings. Students will learn to assemble and serve food and beverages while meeting food safety handling regulations. Students will earn industry-recognized certification for FoodSafe Level 1 and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), which will increase their employability. The program includes 4 weeks of classroom modules and a 2 week practicum.
Topics covered include:
- Food assembly & service
- Food safety
- Worksafe practice
- Equipment usage
- Nutrition and specialized diets
- Institutional sanitization/infection control
- Communication, team skills and personal development
- Professionalism and work ethic
- Resume writing and interview skills