You are welcome to attend a free information session to speak to an advisor in person.
If you are considering a career in the landscape industry or are currently working as a landscaper, becoming an apprentice would be the first step to your Journeyperson certification.
The Burnaby School District’s Community & Continuing Education office is an authorized industry training provider of Common Core Level 1 and Common Core Level 2 for the Landscape Horticulturist Apprenticeship.
The course fee covers all textbooks and materials.
Financial support and guidance
- Landscape Horticulturist is now a Red Seal Trade — see Industry Training Authority (www.itabc.ca) for details.
- Most students will qualify for financial support through the federal government’s employment insurance (EI) program; applications should be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the start of class. Visit the Service Canada website for details.
- For information about grants and tax credits available for this apprenticeship program, see the attached file from HortEducation.ca.
- Apprenticeship student loans are available at Apprentice Loans.
- Hort Education BC provides guidance to apprentices and will sponsor students for the first level (Common Core Level 1). Visit the Hort Education BC website for details.