New Job. New friends. New language. New knowledge. New opportunities.
- Dental Office Administration Certificate
- Health Care Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant Daytime Program (Full Time)
- Medical Office Assistant Diploma
- Reflexology Diploma
- First Aid
Alternative medical practices are becoming increasingly popular today. Reflexology is a complementary practice that involves manipulating the feet and hands to relieve the patient of discomfort in any part of the body. Learn a new technique for working the feet, hands and ears that is much gentler on the practitioner’s hands yet at the same time deeply works the reflex areas giving powerful results. This program is for those who would like to achieve a level of professional competency in the field of Reflexology. Course certification will enable you to practice Foot and Hand/Ear Reflexology as a profession in British Columbia and will qualify successful students to write the Professional Reflexologist Provincial Certification Exam. Registered Massage Therapists who successfully complete this Diploma program can apply for credit in the Practical Education (PE/A2) categories of the College of Massage Therapists CE/PD program [24 credits for a 2 year cycle]. Recognized by the Massage Therapists of British Columbia.
The program is divided into 2 modules:
- Foot Reflexology [36 hours of instruction and a 24 hour practicum]
- Hand and Ear Reflexology (36 hours of instruction and a 24 hour practicum)
Foot Reflexology Module
Understand and practice the basic ideals and techniques of foot reflexology. Study the definition, benefits, effects, and theories. Learn how foot reflexology relieves stress and tension. Through hands-on practice, become well versed with the reflex points in the feet that correspond to every area of the body. The human anatomy, system disorders, and how to work on them will be studied. Referral areas, foot conditions, and contraindications are explained. How to set up a reflexology business and practice at a professional level will be studied. At the completion, you will be able to complete a timed foot reflexology session. Bring 2 towels, and skin cream. Foot Reflexology dvd included.
Student Comment: ‘Pratical, hands on teaching -highly applicable to my business goals.’ ‘Fun, informative, practical, and useful.’
Hand & Ear Reflexology Module
Use basic hand reflexology techniques to relax and increase the circulation in the hands, wrists, and arms that can benefit hand and wrist problems. Learn to manipulate the reflex points in the hands and ears that correspond to every area of the body. The definition, benefits, and theories on how hand and ear reflexology relieves stress and tension are studied. Upon completion, you will be able to complete a timed hand and ear reflexology session. Bring 2 towels and skin cream.
Certificates will be issued upon successful completion of each module. A diploma will be issued upon successful completion of both modules. Employment opportunities in the complementary therapy industry are expanding constantly and Reflexology is one of the fastest growing therapies.
- Reflexology as a relaxation therapy can complement other services offered in a spa or esthetics salon. It can be easily combined with body massage, manicures and pedicures.
- Reflexologists are increasingly employed by the corporate world. 75% of all illness is estimated to be stress related and occupational health services are working to reduce those levels.
- Reflexologists also work in clinics with other therapists such as chiropractors, massage therapists, etc.
- Reflexologists are often employed by professional sports teams.
- Reflexologists can start their own home-based business.
Instructor: Ron Leibel is certified by the Pacific Institute of Reflexology and the International Institute of Reflexology. He has practiced full-time since 1993 and was President of the Reflexology Assoc. of B.C. for 6 years. Clients include BC Hydro, VanCity, and various Film Studios.
For information on First Aid courses please contact St. John Ambulance at
Location: 2058 Alpha Avenue (near Brentwood Town Cn Skytrain station).