New Job. New friends. New language. New knowledge. New opportunities.
- Barista Training
- Dietary Aide Certificate
- Airport Check In Agent Certificate
- Hotel and Lodging - Rooms Division Management Certificate
Learn about coffee history, types of coffee and the coffee industry.
This course includes a classroom component, a short online learning component
and a field trip to a coffee shop where you can practice basic drink
preparation. (date of field trip will be arranged by instructor).
Also included is a Job Search component where you improve your resume writing
and interview skills so you can get working in your favourite coffee
shop! A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.
This course will run on Saturdays.
Join a team of food service professionals. This 5 week program provides students with the certification, skills and knowledge needed to work as food handlers in institutional settings such as care facilities, hospitals, retirement homes, schools, restaurants and hotels. Students will be trained to prepare and serve food and beverages while observing food safe handling, palatability, nutritional value and digestibility. This full time program consists of 3 weeks in class modules and a 2 week practicum.
Where can I get a job?
The graduate of the program will be able to seek job opportunities in Institutional settings such as long term care, hospitals, assisted living, schools, as well as restaurants and hotels.
What is included?
The training program includes industry recognized certificates to enhance the graduate's employability: FoodSafe Level 1, and WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System).
- Theoretical and Practical Knowledge in Food Preparation and Service
- Safe Food Handling and Work Safety
- Equipment Usage
- Nutrition and Specialized Diets
- Personal Development
- Professionalism and Work Ethics
- Communication and Team Skills
- Resume Writing & Interview Skills
- Institutional Sanitation and Infection Control
- Candidates must attend a Free information session where they will complete and submit the application form.
- Candidates must be in general good health with the ability to stoop, lift and stretch as might be required in the performance of work duties, and the ability to stand for a full working day.
- The candidate must be free of allergies or any condition which may be aggrevated by the handling of food, cleaning and laundry products.
- Applicants to this program should be aware that some practicum placements (e.g. hospital, care home) may require completion of a Criminal Record Search (CRS) indicating no relevant criminal record. Students who are assigned to a practicum that requires a CRS, are expected to complete the CRS at their own expense.
- A minimum average of 70% in each segment of the program.
- Completion of all assignments, presentations and tests.
- Successful completion of the practical components.
- A demonstration of professional standards of behaviour.
Course location: Riverway West School, 4340 Carson St. Burnaby (the closest bus stop is at Marine Dr. and Sussex)
The next program will run in April 2013.
Free Information Sessions:
Thursday March 14, 7:00 pm
Location: Moscrop School, 4433 Moscrop St, Burnaby
How to Apply: Attend an information session where an application form is filled out. Once the application is accepted, students can register for the course. Registration can be done in person at Moscrop school (Mon-Thurs evening), in person at the board office (5325 Kincaid), or by phone, 604-664-8888.
(this program is currently under revision)
This program will prepare you to obtain jobs in this popular industry as a Passenger Service Agent at the Airport either with the Airlines or with any of the large Ground Handling companies. Your job could include: working behind the check-in counters, writing airline tickets, attending to passengers as they board the aircraft or assisting passengers on arrival after their long flights to our beautiful city. Airport service positions are highly visible, high profile jobs that require staff to be presentable and to possess a genuine 'service' disposition. A second or even third language is an asset as is a willingness to perform shift work.
What type of job can I get when I graduate?
Airport Customer Service Agent/Check-In Agent, Airline Ticket Agent, Airline Passenger Agent, Airline Reservationist
Airport Check-In Agent Responsibilities:
- Provides passenger assistance at the ticket counter and gate areas by issuing tickets, checking baggage and assigning seats
- Assists passengers with check-in procedures, including tagging baggage and issuing boarding passes
- Sells tickets, processes ticket changes, creates and books reservations
- Assists passengers upon arrival
- Enforces safety/security measures and protects sensitive zones
- Facilitates the passenger boarding process. As directed, implements standard procedures during overbooked, irregular flights and denied boarding situations
- Solicits volunteers to free up seats, re-accommodates passengers by booking alternative flights and provides travel vouchers. Logs in tickets and completes sales reports. Performs other related duties as required or requested
Career opportunities in the Hotel industry are growing. Tourism is increasing and the hotel industry is keeping up. If you are interested in a career in this industry, or if you currently are working in a hotel and would like to move into a position with more responsibility, this program will give you industry recognized professional certification from the American Hotel & Lodging Association's Education Institute.
We currently offer 2 certificate programs related to Hotel
1. Managing Front Office Operations Certificate
2. Convention Management Certificate
How long is the program?
Each certificate program is offered part time, 2 evenings a week.
When does the next program start?
The next program will start in 2013. Managing Front Office Operations starts Jan 29 and Convention Management starts March 26.
Upcoming Free Information Session:
Wed Jan 9 at 7:00 pm
Location: Moscrop School (4433 Moscrop St. @ Willingdon)
This course is designed for kitchen staff and dining room attendants. Topics include microbiology, food borne illnesses, personal hygiene and health, serving and dispensing, food protection and preparation, receiving and storing food safely and dish washing methods. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a recognized certificate in sanitary food handling. Please bring your medical card. Preregistration is required.
How often are courses offered?
Courses are typically offered once a month, either on a Friday or Saturday during the day.
Phone 604-296.6901 to register.