Burnaby Community & Continuing Education does not endorce or accept any responsibility for the job postings listed below. For further information on any of the postings, please contact the employers directly.
- Position: Seasonal Labourers – Horticulture / Park Maintenance
- Employer: City of Burnaby
- Location: Burnaby
City of Burnaby has job openings for seasonal labourers with strong related experience in Horticulture and/or Parks Maintenance. Must have excellent teamwork skills, communicate effectively, take pride in their work and demonstrate safe work practices.
For more information and to apply, go to www.burnaby.ca/careers
- Position: Skiller Landscaper (full time) | Lawn Maintenance Worker (part time)
- Employer: Dunbar Lawns and Gardens Ltd
- Location: Vancouver
Skilled Landscaper (full time)
A person well rounded in all aspects of gardening. The position would start at $17.50/hr. All job sites based in the Vancouver area. Means of transportation would be ideal.
Lawn Maintenance Worker (part time)
Job includes cutting/edging large residential properties along with looking after one of our large corporate sites. This position is based in Vancouver and would start at $16.00/hr. Means of transportation would be ideal.
For more information about this company, check the website dunbarlandscaping.ca.
To apply, call Kyle Lewsley at (604) 812-1116 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Position: Light Duty Cleaner (part time / on call) and Heavy Duty Cleaner (full time)
- Employer: Corporate cleaning Services Ltd
This employer is currently seeking part time/on-call light duty cleaners and a full time heavy duty cleaner. The work can be at various locations throughout the Lower Mainland. The rate of pay depends on experience – light duty $13.00 to start and heavy duty $14.00 to start. Light duty would be office cleaning – vacuuming, dusting, washrooms, mop floors, windows, as well as post construction clean-up, etc. The heavy duty cleaner would need experience with stripping and waxing floors, ride-on and walk behind cleaning machines, carpet cleaning, window cleaning, pressure washing, as well as attention to detail as a post construction cleaner etc.
For more information, please call 604-465-4699 ext. 125.
To apply, send a PDF copy of your resume to email@example.com
To learn more about our company, services we provide and our community commitments please visit our website at www.corporatecleaning.bc.ca
- Position: Office Assistant (part time)
- Employer: Burnaby Community & Continuing Education
- Location: Burnaby
Main Role: assist the Office Administrator with clerical duties
– put out direction signs
– ensure brochure display rack is out and filled with promotional material
– give verbal directions to students looking for classrooms
– assist with distribution of textbooks
– troubleshoot with audio/visual equipment in classrooms if needed
– assist with registration under the direction of Office Administrator
This part time job is ideal for a student but others will be considered as well. The volume of work comes in waves. There are very busy times and there are quiet times. Students are allowed to bring their homework with them so they can work on it during the ‘quiet’ times. However, they must always be mindful of when a customer comes in and be available to tend to their needs immediately. (Texting friends and using social media websites is not allowed during work time.)
– good computer skills, tech savy, able to set up LCD projectors and trouble shoot
– good customer service skills
– mature and responsible
Work hours: Tuesday and Thursday evening, 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Location: Burnaby Central Secondary School
Pay: This position pays $10.85 per hour
Start date: January 3, 2017
To apply: Contact Linda VanderHeide at 604-760-6540 or Linda.VanderHeide@sd41.bc.ca
- Position: Dental Receptionist
- Employer: Dr. Jeffrey Cheung & Dr. Hee-Jeong Kong Dental
- Location: Burnaby
This South Granville family practice is looking for a long term dental receptionist to work 4 days a week (8:00 am to 4:00 pm – no evenings). The ideal candidate would have great verbal communication, organization skills, phone etiquette and a friendly personality. Completion of Dental Receptionist program would be a minimum. A background in customer service, and fluency in a second language would be highly preferred.
New graduates from dental reception/CDA program are welcome, as this employer is willing to train the right person! If this sounds like you, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.