BUILDING SERVICE WORKER CERTIFICATE
The Building Service Worker Certificate program provides the working knowledge required to qualify as a building service worker.
The course uses a combination of classroom instruction and practical hands-on experience to train students.
Topics covered include:
- Chemical use
- Floor care
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training
Burnaby South Secondary School
5455 Rumble Street
Burnaby, BC V5J 2B7
(Access the main entrance via Antrim Avenue off Beresford Street)
Students should meet all the following prerequisites before registering:
- At least 19 years old
- Strong English skills – free English assessment is available; check our current course offerings (green button at the top of this page) for dates/times/locations of testing sessions
A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course. To graduate, students must meet all the following requirements:
- Minimum 70% final course mark
- Minimum 90% attendance is required
- Completion of all course requirements for theory, practice and teamwork
Graduates of the program will be qualified to apply for janitorial positions in both public institutions such as school districts, hospitals and government facilities. Graduates can also find employment with private contractors who provide cleaning services to corporate clients.