Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
OverviewPrerequisitesGraduation requirementsFuture employmentStudent feedback
The Accounting and Payroll Administration program will provide a thorough working knowledge of fundamental accounting, bookkeeping and payroll procedures. The program provides the skills necessary to administer payroll and to maintain manual or computerized accounting records.
This program is ideal for someone with some office administrative assistant or clerical experience who would like to move to a position in bookkeeping, accounting or payroll. It is also useful for someone who needs to manage the finances of their own business.
The program includes the following courses:
- Business Office Communications
- Microsoft Excel – Level 1
- Microsoft Excel – Level 2
- Sage 50 Computerized Accounting – Level 1
- Sage 50 Computerized Accounting – Level 2
- QuickBooks – Level 1
- QuickBooks – Level 2
- Job Search
Students should meet the following prerequisites before registering:
- Completion of secondary school (any country)
- Good English language proficiency; English language assessment is available at all information sessions
- Students with no computer experience should take a basic computer course before starting this program; we recommend our course Getting Started with Computers for novices and our course Microsoft Word – Level 1 for beginners
The Job Search component will help transition students to their new career. Based on 2013 statistics, 87% percent of our graduates found employment within 6 months after completing the program.
I found the Accounting and Payroll Admin course very helpful. The instructors have ‘real’ experience and are open to discussions about practical situations we might encounter at work. They give advice. It’s very helpful. Now I feel I have the skills and am prepared to work in a related position.
The course was great for me. I learned a lot about accounting in Canada.
The course was intense but good. I would recommend this course to others.