ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE
The Administrative Assistant program will provide the skills to succeed as an administrative assistant, receptionist or clerical worker in the corporate world.
FULL TIME PROGRAM – The full time program is designed for students to want to study at an accelerated pace so they can graduate faster and start working sooner. The full time program runs for 9 weeks plus a practicum, with classes scheduled Monday through Thursday.
PART TIME PROGRAM – The part time program is designed for students who need a flexible schedule, with classes schedules for evenings and weekends. The part time program takes a bit longer to complete, but it allows students to hold a full time job and study on the side. Students pay separately per course as they register. Credit may be given for equivalent courses taken at other schools (maximum 3 courses, proof required). The part time program can be completed in 1 to 3 years depending on the course load selected by each student. Course costs are subject to change each term; future course offerings may charge different amounts.
PROGRAM CURRICULUM – The program includes the following courses:
- Business Office Communications
- Office Skills for Valuable Employees
- Computer Keyboarding
- Microsoft Word – Level 1
- Microsoft Word – Level 2
- Microsoft Excel – Level 1
- Microsoft Excel – Level 2
- Microsoft PowerPoint Workshop
- Windows File Management
- Intro to Access
- Job Search (required for full time students only)
Students should meet all the following prerequisites before registering:
- Students with no computer experience should take a basic computer course before starting this program; we recommend our course Getting Started with Computers before enrolling in this program
To graduate, students must meet all the following requirements:
- Successful completion of all program courses
- Minimum net typing speed of 50 wpm
Part time students who have finished all the program courses must submit the following form to apply for graduation: Application for Graduation – Administrative Assistant Certificate (Part Time).
Graduates of this program can use their skills in a variety of corporate offices, including such positions as Administrative Assistant, Receptionist and Clerical.
The Job Search component will help transition students to their new career.