Our online offerings change each semester. The following programs are available for Fall 2019:
ONLINE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
- Certificate in Basic Game Design
- Certificate in Online Teaching
- Certificate in Web Design
- Certified Online Instructor
- Legal Office Administration Certificate
- Social Media for Business Certificate
- WordPress Certificate
- Advanced Web Design
- Facebook for Business
- Integrating Social Media in Your Organization
- Intermediate Video Game Design
- Intermediate Web Design
- Introduction to Game Design
- Introduction to Social Media
- Introduction to Coding
- Introduction to Web Design
- LinkedIn for Business
- Managing Social Media Platforms
- Marketing Using Social Media
- WordPress Certificate
ABOUT ONLINE LEARNING
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. Instructors are nationally known experts, speakers and consultants in the area of social media.
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience. Your instructor will log into the discussion and answer questions. For each Unit, you will:
• Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
• Have the option of accessing the online readings
• Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
• Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
• Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For individual courses, a pdf transcript is issued showing completion. For certificates and certification, a pdf certificate is issued showing completion.
1. Make at least one comment every week in the discussion.
– The comment should show thought and be more substantive than just “Yes, I agree.” There is no length required for comments.
– Replies to other comments, responses to other participants, count as comments (in most cases your instructor values replies and responses as comments).
– Questions and online discussion facilitative comments also count as well as long as there is some thought to them.
2. Take every Unit self-quiz.
– Take every Unit self-quiz for the course and get at least 80% score.
– You may retake any self-quiz as often as you need to get to the 80% level.
3. Completion Timeline
– The requirements should be done by the last day of the course.
– Individual instructors may extend the deadline upon request.
– If, for any reason, you are not able to complete the requirements during the course, we are pleased to provide you with our Course Transfer Option.
You may retake any or all of the same UGotClass online course at a future offering within the next 12 months, and you can do so at no extra cost.