Whether you are already a landscape professional, just beginning your education, or simply learning for personal enjoyment, this course will give you the knowledge you need to become a better gardener.
You will receive a thorough introduction to the science and practice of organic horticulture, facilitating a profound shift in ecological awareness. Going way beyond the idea of pesticide and fertilizer product substitution, you will understand the concepts of landscape health management as opposed to pest management, building a holistic decision making framework for creating and maintaining vibrantly healthy gardens and landscapes, including turf.
This course prepares you to:
- Grow fabulous, healthy gardens
- Gain essential skills to start or enhance your business in the rapidly growing organic land care industry sector
- Write the SOUL (Society for Organic Urban Land Care) Organic Accreditation exam for land care professionals
- Earn generous continuing education credits for landscape professionals to maintain industry certifications (ISA/CNLA/BCSLA)
- Become involved in SOUL (Society for Organic Urban Land Care) and share your knowledge with your community through workshops, talks and other creative ways