Hardscape Installation Certificate
If you are new to Hardscape Installation, this part time program will introduce you to basic professional techniques with a focus on the use of hand tools.
Topics covered include:
- Supplies and tools
- Walkways, driveways and patios (concrete paver, brick, stepping stone, flagstone, gravel)
- Walls (dry stack, engineered, manufactured, wood, gabion, live)
- Wood features, fences, setting posts
- Water features
- Low voltage lighting
- Garden accents
- Estimating and design
PREREQUISITES – Students should meet the following prerequisites before registering:
- Hardscape installation is physically challenging work and participants should be in good physical condition
- Students are expected to wear steel toe work boots, gloves, safety glasses and weather-hardy workwear for the hands-on portion of the class
Classes run Monday evenings and Saturday afternoons. The course includes both classroom study and hands-on practice that may be off-site (transportation required).
|Course ID 1002-1
02-OCT-2017 to 04-DEC-2017
Mondays 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
— and —
Saturdays 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
4340 Carson Street
— and —
Some classes will be off-site
Course costs are subject to change each term; future course offerings may charge different amounts.