DENTAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION CERTIFICATE
A part time program will run Mon/Wed evening, Sept 8 to Feb 9, 2022 (plus practicum).
A full time program will run Mon-Fri, Sept 13, 2021 to Nov 12, 2021 (including practicum).
Online registration is open.
Dental Office Administrators are highly valued employees responsible for coordinating all aspects of a dental visit. Learn the skills required to efficiently handle the day to day operation of a dental office: appointment scheduling, patient and insurance billing, dental records upkeep and the maintenance of all systems crucial to the success of the dental practice.
- Dental Anatomy and Terminology
- Understanding the Practice & the Patient
- Dental Billing Theory
- Record Management
- Record Management Application
- Job Search
- Practicum (40 hours)
The program includes time in the computer lab so students have the opportunity to practice scheduling and entering patient information just like they would in a dental office. Students are expected to study a lot outside of class time so that they can memorize the required dental terminology.
Students should meet all the following prerequisites before registering:
- High school graduation (in any country)
- Strong verbal and written English skills; English 12 or equivalent is highly recommended — English language assessment is available if required
- Basic computer skills
To graduate, students must meet all the following requirements:
- Minimum average 70% in assignments and exams of the theory component
- Successful completion of practicum (40 hours)
- Good attendance (the expectation is that students attend 100% of classes)
As the dental industry is continually growing, there are always new jobs available.
Gradutates may apply for Dental Receptionist or Dental Office Administrator positions. You can expect to earn $20–$30 per hour to start, depending on the type of office and location.
Dental office hours vary from 7:00 am – 9:00 pm, Monday through Sunday, allowing part time and full time employment.
I liked how you were made to feel welcome and got the knowledge you needed.